Esteemed producers of wine and fruit juices, please find herewith a short presentation of our new BP CLARIS product line. This way we would like to inform you about results of activities in developping our prime products for clarification of wines and fruit juices, which were produced from carefully selected high-quality bentonite with more than 90% montmorillonite as the active mineral having the crucial role in the clarification process.
The first product from BP CLARIS line emerging for commercial sale is Claris-p, bentonite for clarification of wine and fruit juices, while we will offer it to you in a few different formulations (Claris-p, Claris-p30, Claris-p50, Claris-p70), so that you would be able to establish through laboratory testing and industrial trials which one of our products suits your needs best. Our expert team will be happy to inform you about the basic characteristics of the product so that you would know what requires your special attention during the analyses and trials as well as for you to be able to realize your visions and goals by means of our top quality products.
All tests on the must and wines were done in accordance with the requirements of the International Oenological Codex (IOC).
Bentonite that Claris-p is produced from has been exploited through careful selection from the deposit near Šipovo (BiH) surrounded by intact nature, which is done under our strict expert monitoring. The reserves of high quality bentonite guarantee long term and stable delivery of uniform top quality products. The content of montmorillonite in our bentonite is above 90%, while the level of insoluble substances is below 1%.
Claris-p is a wine clarification agent made of bentonite of excellent purity and prime quality with extremely low content of soluble iron (less than 0,015%). Our products passed multiple and detailed testing in certified EU laboratories with regard to contents of elements that may have harmful effect on human health and quality of wine and fruit juices. All results achieved have been extremely favourable while meeting fully all requirements of the International Oenological Codex and current EU legislation regulating the use of additives in food processing industry. Microbiological tests were a part of regular quality control procedure, while bentonite which Claris-p is produced from is also tested for contents of dioxine. Our products fully meet the strictest criteria for protection of human health and safety of the environment.
Claris-p is produced in four different formulations:
1. Claris-p: top quality calcium bentonite with conent of montmorillonite above 90%, designated primarily for wine must treatment. It produces very low and compact sediment. The recommended dozes for excellent effects are usually 100-200g/100l depending on a specific sort of wine, vintage and other conditions.
2. Claris-p30: combination of prime quality calcium and sodium bentonite designated for protein stabilization of wine must and wine. It produces very low and compact sediment. Dozes recommended for excellent effects are 70-120g/100l, or more if necessary. Claris-p and Claris-p30 are recommended for clarification (i.e.pre-clarification) of wine must before fermentation or in the initial stage of fermentation (the second or third day of the initial fermentation), so that final clarification and stabilization could be done with a lesser doze of the clarifying agent.
3. Claris-p50: combination of prime quality calcium and sodium bentonite designated for effecttive clarification and protein stabilization of wine. Dozes recommended for excellent effects are 50-100g/100l, or more if necessary.
4. Claris-p70: combination of prime quality calcium and sodium bentonite designated for effecttive clarification and protein stabilization of wine. Dozes recommended for excellent effects are 30-90g/100l, or more if necessary.
Claris-p has to be hydrated in water before it is to be added into the must or wine. Use of distilled water heated up to about 50°C is recommended. Please find attached the detailed instruction for hydration in the technical datasheet. Each formulation has excellent clarifying capacity in comparison with similar competitors' products, which is why it is very important to perform a test of specification of optimum dozage, so as to optimize all advantages of our products in order to achieve optimum clarification effects in an economic way.
Our products were formulated in such manner to
meet expectations even of the most demanding
producers of wine and fruit juices. Relative to the
approach of a wine producer, our products facilitate
creation of optimal combination for clarification of
must before fermentation, for clarification in the
initial fermentation stage and final clarification
and stabilization after performed fermentation.
The results of the testing on must and wines so far have proved Claris-p to be a prime product of its class when it comes to effectiveness of elimination of thermally unstable proteins while it may be classified among the best products of its kind offered in the market. We shall cite only some of the results of comparative tests performed with Claris-p50 on a very unstable wine sample (Traminac, vintage of 2012), which is when Claris-p50 was tested along with four competitors' products that fall within the best in the European market.
- When hydrated in water, Claris-p50 creates a lastingly homogenous and viscous gel with no sediment or separation of filth even after 7 days of aging. Claris-p50, for its extremely high content of the active mineral requires somewhat larger amount of water for hydration (10-15 parts of water). Claris-p50 is now produced in form of powder, while there is ongoing development of the same product in form of granule as well as special agglomerate that will improve the product's characteristics of mixing and solving in water.
- Claris-p50 was tested for effectiveness of elimination of thermally unstable proteins by means of phosphomolibdic acid (Bentotest). A full effect of clarification of a very unstable wine sample(Traminac 2012) was established to have been achieved with not more than 60-70g/100l, while the required dosage with some competitors' products for clarification of the same sample went to above 100g/100l. When tested on a simpler sample (Welsh Riesling 2011, due to aging, partly spontaneously clarified), the required dozage of Claris-p50 for a full effect of clarification and stabilization would not exceed 30g/100l.
- Claris-p50 was tested for % of sediment, 3 days after full clarification, so as to check potential loss of certain quanitity of wine as an effect of creation of sediment during clarification. Very compact sediment of 4-5% was achieved on Traminac 2012, while with some competitors' products, the sediment on the same sample went to as high as 11%.
- Claris-p50 was tested for wine turbidity, 3 days after clarification. All results obtained on Traminac 2012 were similar or better compared to the best European products within the same class.
- pH for Claris-p50 is about 10 as well as for most of competitors' products.
- Claris-p50 was tested for undesirable effect on the scent of wine (Triangl test) in the doze necessary for full clarification effect, when it demonstrated excellent results. Due to its favourable (i.e. lesser) dosage, Claris-p50 prevents harmful effect of bentonite on the sensory properties of wine.
- Claris-p50 demonstrated prime performances in trials of clarification and stabilization of fruit juices.
Packaging and labeling
Claris-p is produced and distributed in specially selected and designed package that prevents harmful effect of moisture, sun and scents on the product quality, in packages of 200g, 1kg, 5kg and 20kg.
The chief coordinator for BP CLARIS group of products is Irena Bijelić whom you may contact with regard to any details about distribution of samples and products.
+387 51 225 210
+387 65 519 214